Glass lifter machines are a type of vacuum lifting tool. Vacuum lifting equipment is generally utilized in numerous industrial areas for the lifting and handling of materials that have a level or smooth surface. Specifically, materials, for example, metal or glass plates, slabs made from concrete, pipes, boards of plaster, plastic covers, concrete packs, brew barrels and tins, and so forth, can be handily lifted and taken care of utilizing vacuum lifting materials. Vacuum lifting equipment uses pads that help to achieve the suction features.
Two essential forms of vacuum lifting tools
The two basic types of vacuum lifting equipment include;
- Vacuum lifting tubes (VLT) – this is a lifting framework or machine fusing a vacuum tube with suction pads utilized for both holding and lifting loads of different kinds.
- Vacuum lifting attachments (VLA) – this is a separable lifting attachment that is made up of suction pads. The suction pads are fixed to a free lifting machine, for example, connection to a crane or pressure-driven excavator arm or forklift truck. The attachment is utilized for grasping the load while the device used to lift the entire get together.
The distinction between a VLT and VLA is that VLT is used for grasping and lifting, while the latter works as an attachment used to hold the load.
How do Glass Vacuum Lifters work?
The intensity of the vacuum is brought forth by utilizing uniquely structured vacuum pads whose role is to hold the load. The vacuum pads can be used separately or in pairs or more to suit the lifting operation. They can also be incorporated with extraordinary lifting outlines or frames that are called Vacuum Beams. The beams are suspended from overhead lifting gear, lifts, forklift trucks, or integrated with vacuums that function as special-purpose machines for transfer.
Guidelines for safely using glass lifting vacuums
These machines are quite dangerous. Therefore, below are a few guidelines that will keep you safe when using them;
- Never work the lifter until it is properly inspected.
- Report any abnormal activity or security worries to a certified individual and suspend utilization of the vacuum lifting gadget until wellbeing has been guaranteed.
- Try not to utilize vacuum lifting gadget with a “Faulty” tag until it is repaired and declared safe for use again.
- Try not to utilize lifter if limit or wellbeing markings are absent.
- Ensure that the supporting structure and load-bearing attachments the likes of the crane, chains, and snare are appraised to make sure that they can handle the heaviness of the lifter and load as well.
- Make certain to deduct the heaviness of the lifter from the crane while computing the net limit of the framework.
- Utilize a protection lock on the hook of your crane to hold your lifter.
When using vacuum lifters for loads, make sure that the loads are either non-porous or slightly porous. Smooth loads would also do, but anything other than that would be dangerous. Also, note that the degree of porosity affects the ability of the device to make up for any form of air leakage.